Dr. Jay Yates is board certified in Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery. He was born and raised in Oregon and later relocated to Oklahoma. In 1989 he earned his Bachelors of Science in Biology and Chemistry from Oral Roberts University in Tulsa, OK. He graduated from Saint Louis University School of Medicine in1993, and then completed his residency in Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery at Penn State Geisinger Health System in 1998. He went into private practice at the Susquehanna Health Care System in Williamsport, PA until relocating to the Fingerlakes area in 2001. He is married with three children. His wife, Heidi Piper M.D, is a native of Victor, NY. She is a vitrea-retinal surgeon who practices at the Eye Care Center in Canandaigua, NY.
Dr. Yates specializes in diseases of the head and neck with experience in pediatric and adult otology, endoscopic sinus surgery, thyroid and parathyroid surgery, head and neck oncology, otolaryngic allergy, snoring and sleep disorders, and facial plastic surgery. He is an adjunct clinical faculty member of the Rochester Institute of Technology Physician Assistant Program and a member of numerous local, region and national medical societies.
- Bachelors of Science: Oral Roberts University 1985-1989
- Doctor of Medicine: Saint Louis University School of Medicine 1989-1993
- Internship in General Surgery: Penn State Geisinger Health System 1993-1994
- Residency: Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Penn State Geisinger Health System 1994-1998
- American Academy of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery
- American Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy
- American Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery
- Society for Ear, Nose and Throat Advancements in Children (SENTAC)
- American College of Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Christian Medical and Dental Association
- Medical Society of the State of New York
- Pennsylvania Academy of Otolaryngology
- Ontario County Medical Society
- Canandaigua Medical Society
- Authored or Co-authored 15 articles on various otolaryngic topics.